The Day I went Shopping for Make Up



When going out, I want to look good. Here's the steps I follow when going out: Toner, Moisturizer, Cheek Tint, Pressed Powder, Baby Powder. It doesn't take much time.


But things had to change. For months, I've been telling my dear husband how I want to learn about putting on make up. I've been searching for a personal make up workshop that meets the following criteria: Good Resource Person, Affordable, and to be conducted here at the South.

The opportunity came.

I am going to attend a TOTAL Personality Development training tomorrow at the La Vie Institute, a new Personality Development school located in Alabang, Muntinlupa.

It includes a course on Fine Dining Etiquette and an Advanced Personal Make-Up Workshop.  Two things that that I've been wanting to learn more about. 

We were provided with a list of recommended items that should be in our personal hygiene kit. I skimmed  the list and although it does look like a list for a personal kikay kit, I only have a few items in my own kit.


Dear husband to the rescue! We can only afford a trip to the nearest mall (Robinson's Imus) that has a department store with a Make Up Section and a Watson's Store (Thanks to a fellow Mommy Blogger Rowena for the tip!). There's even a bonus, HBC!

So with the list, and a budget within our means, I went Make Up Shopping with my little girl who patiently waited (with a deal that I'd let her carry the shopping basket). Both the sales assistants in Watson's and HBC were already helpful enough to help me choose the items that are affordable but good.


Okay, so here's the list, beside each item, I will put the exact item I bought along with the price and where I bought it:


  • Facial wash - CELETEQUE DermoScience™ Hydration Facial Wash has Natural Moisturizing Factor(NMF), our preferred facial wash, so this is from my own kit

  • Eyebrow Razor -Watson's Eyebrow Razors, 3 piece pack for P79.00 at Watson's
  • Moisturizer - CELETEQUE DermoScience™ Hydration Facial Moisturizer, our preferred facial moisturizer, so this is from my own kit.
  • Concealer - San San Concealer SPF 15 with Vitamins A, C and E (Beige), P112.00 at HBC
  • Make Up Base : for Oily skin- use Oil-free/ Water based foundation; for Dry skin- use Cream type/ liquid foundation; for Combination skin- any type you prefer - San San HD High Definition Liquid Foundation SPF 30 with Vitamins A, C and E (Beige), P205.00 at HBC
  • Loose Powder (translucent type to control oil) - Nichido Final Powder (So Natural),
    P150.00 at Watson's
  • Eyebrow Pencil (the shade must match your hair color) - Ever Bilena (Black),
    P60.00 at Watson's and Nichido Water Resistant Mineral Precise Eye Pencil (Chestnut),
    P138.00 at Watson's

  • Neutral Eyeshadow Palette ( look for highly pigmented shadows)- Ever Bilena Matte Eyeshadow Quartet (Golden Siren), bought this last year, forgot how much and Ever Bilena EyeShadow Duos (London), P125.00 at Watson's

  • Eyelash Curler (metal) - Shawill, P49.00 at Watson's
  • Black Mascara - Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara, a gift from my SIL.
  • Black Eyeliner Pencil - Nichido Waterproof Mineral Kohl Pencil (Onyx), P138.00 at Watson's
  • Sharpener - will borrow McKenzie's pencil sharpeners, one that has container
  • Powder Blush (your preferred color) - Nichido Powder Blush (Sun Kissed), P88.00 at Watson's

  • One natural Lip Stick Shade- Estee Lauder Pure Color 16, a gift from my SIL.
  • One darker Lip Stick Shade - Nichido Satin Moist Lipstick (Honeylove), P150.00 at Watson's
  • Make Up Sponge - Nichido Latex Sponge, P40.00 at Watson's
  • Matte Bronzer + Highlighting Powder / Contouring Palette- I wasn't able to see one in Rob Imus :(
  • Spool Brush - Nichido PRO Make Up Brush #191 Powder/ Blush Brush, P288.00 at Watson's
  • Angled Brush for Eyebrow- Nichido PRO Make Up Brush #251 Angled Eyebrow Brush, P150.00 at Watson's
Watch out for my blog about the actual TOTAL Personality Development training tomorrow. And if have more time, I might even blog about each item I bought.

The little one has ballet classes so I would need to take the UV Express to Alabang then probably just meet up with them after.