Turning Points, Good News

February will be a turning point in our life.

I've been working at home for 10 years. My husband followed a few months after but also went fulltime into business in 2018. Everything was good. Our freelance career paid for our house, our car, our daughter's schooling, and dance lessons.

But things changed in Sept 2019. I lost my only contract. I had to stress that because it was the first time in my entire freelance career that I devoted myself to just one job. But life goes on.

After assessing our situation, my husband and I decided that he needs to get a more stable job but still retain KANSIS Made. And I still need a freelance contract that I can do at home so I can take care of the business.

After months and months of applying, he was able to get into the perfect job! I consider it perfect because of a lot of things: it is about 20 minutes away from our place, it is a reputable company, the position is something I believe he would love doing, and the work schedule won't cause conflict with our obligations for Jericho and our personal life (dayshift work, weekends off).

It was the best Christmas gift we received in 2019.

KANSIS Made will still be in our concept stores and an online shop is in the works. We can still accept custom orders but would need to keep a stricter production schedule. Sounds hard but we know, together, we can do it.

After renewing our business permit for KANSIS Made for 2020, another good news came.

I finally got into a fulltime job. The work would require me to work PST business hours but I believe it won't get in the way of my personal life and Jericho. Yes, it is also perfect! Our prayer gatherings on Tuesdays end at 11pm the latest and we are usually home before 12mn. PST business hours start at 1am Manila time.

The plan is for me to work from 1am until 9am; Sleep until 3pm; Wake up before the daughter gets home by 4pm; Prepare dinner (and my brunch the next day); Serve dinner when the husband comes home; Lights off by 9pm.

Some things we'd need to work on: meals need to be planned weekly, market and grocery on weekends. We got used to buying our meat and vegetables daily since we started working at home but that's not gonna work with our new situation.

How do you plan your meals moms? Would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks for Reading!
Dulce