A Look at Last Week (Feb 19-25, 2018)

More than a week ago, I wrote about letting go of the worries I have on the latest changes in our life.

We've always believed that God will always provide.

The previous week was full of blessings for us.



I was able to work for almost 70hrs but was still able to attend to my chores and mommy duties  & spend the weekend with my family.

Our front yard project is half complete--- concrete garage floor and fence posts are up. Next week- the steel fence and gates. :)

Monday
We brought McKenzie to school because she performed a ballet solo during their school flag ceremony. She danced the same piece that Teacher Nida taught her for her 7th birthday presentation. It was a long time ago and although they practiced it once after her ballet class the week prior, I didn't expect an almost flawless performance from her.



She did really well and it's a big comeback because she opened up to me that she wasn't entirely happy about how she danced during their Chinese New Year show at the District Imus the day before.



She came home radiating with happiness. She kept on telling us how happy she is that she was able to dance ballet in school.

But it's also sad that there are some kids in school that are teasing her about ballet. She told us that a kid "bullied" her about it.

After hearing about what happened, Kenny somehow told him that it was NOT Bullying. But I had to intervene and remind him that Bullying does not have specific measures of action but rather depends on the victim's emotional state about the incident. If she's saying she was bullied, we take it as it is and provide the comfort that she needs.
Some kids opt to not saying about the bad things that happen to them thinking that their feelings would be negated or questioned.
I would like to believe that whatever feelings our children shares to us, we have to work it out with them. We need to help them sort things out and avoid telling them that it's not what they think it is.

Tuesday
We always look forward to Tuesdays because it's our day with our Jericho family. Bro Chito spoke about Blessings and Grace from God. I was overwhelmed knowing that I received a lot of blessings and Grace through the years.

I am planning and praying that I get to write more about our family's spiritual journey soon. I've been trying and I know that it would come to me sooner than later.

Wednesday
Ballet and coffee date at Baker's Fair Lotus with Kenny!

Thursday
Laundry Day.

Friday
Weng and I decided to drop by the White House built in 2012 to inquire about the violin lessons. Tita Dina is the manager (?) of the program. She founded the group along with her cousin who plays the violin. She plays the piano. They wanted to fund a group that would teach music to young children for FREE. They conduct the violin lessons every Saturday from 8am-11am.

The lessons are free and they even serve snacks for the students but they also expect 100% commitment.

Our girls were both very excited and looked forward to their first day.

Saturday
McKenzie woke up early and we were on our way to their violin classes by 730am. Weng and I decided to watch and wait since it's their first day. They learned doremi, notes and how to properly hold the bow and the violin.
They normally lend a violin to the students but there's no violin available for them at the moment.
And although they can borrow and take turns with their classmates during their lessons, we felt it would help them a lot if they can have their own.


I researched for options and the most affordable brand new violin available is P2,800 at Lazer Music Studio, their house brand. The most affordable brand carried by Lyric is Bachendorff, about P4,300.00 for the 1/4 size violin.
I went into facebook marketplace and was able to find 2 preloved Bachendorff 1/4 violins. I contacted both and was able to make a deal with the seller from Bacoor. P2,000 which includes the case, the bow and a shoulder rest.

Sunday
After the 9am mass, went to SM Bacoor to meet the seller of the violin. It was love at first sight for McKenzie. :)



We dropped by St Paul and I was able to get a copy of the 365 Days with the Lord book which I've been meaning to buy since last year. I TRY to read the readings, psalm and gospel everyday. I have a mini booklet that contains the chapters and verses that I use as a reference when reading the bible but I feel it more convenient to have a dedicated book that contains not only the verses but also a bit of reflection about the day's readings. My friend gave me a similar book but it only covered until the 2nd week of February.

We spent some time in Book Sale-- Kenny scored a Wood Workshop reference book and McKenzie chose a book of about Attitude for Kids.



Thanks for Reading!

 Dulce