Summer 2013: Boracay- Planning and Booking Trips and Accommodation

It has been almost 6 months since my last post. I've been busy with work, business and personal affairs.

I also have a terrible two. Not too terrible though but a smart and curious little one.

Kenny and I never had the chance to go to Boracay before we had McKenzie. We kindda preferred to go out of the country.

I've been to Boracay in 2008 or 2009, I was in Aklan with a college friend for vacation and we went to Boracay in the morning and came home in the afternoon too. So that experience doesn't really count.

Kenny went there for a class field trip. 'nuff said.

But with the house and the car's monthly amortization for the next 4 years, going to Boracay is a practical vacation idea for us.

We feel so blessed that I have a very close friend from UP who asked us if we want to go to Boracay with them, along with our other friends. She will take care of the accommodation for 4 days, 3 nights we need only to take care of airfare, transfers and food. Super good deal. She has an Astoria Membership and we will stay in Astoria Boracay.

The offer was too good to let pass so we checked airfare and other expenses. Airfare is expensive if we fly to Caticlan directly, flying to Kalibo is cheaper but still pricey for us. The trip was barely 2 months away when we started planning so promo flights seem a bit impossible too. I had to tell my friends that we are tentative about the trip until we determine if we can get affordable flights.

But it looks like this trip is really planned for us--- there was a promo the week after and we were able to book a Manila- Caticlan flight for 2 adults and 1 child for just 3500++ PHP via Cebu Pacific.

As for our return trip, 3 weeks before the trip, airfares are going up so we decided to book a Kalibo- Manila flight, scheduled early morning after our check out from Boracay. So we will check in a hotel in Kalibo to be in the airport for our early morning flight. It's still cheaper than flying from Caticlan.

So flights are booked, Astoria booked, Kalibo hotel waiting for confirmation.

Just yesterday, I saw a blog post about travelling to and from Caticlan via 2Go. It looks like fun so we felt we rushed into booking the Kalibo flight. A ship ride for 9 hours in a private room looks more fun and cheaper. And it's another experience for McKenzie. We might do that another time though.

I am excited to be with my friends, and with my family in Boracay. I will try to blog about our trip. We will be on a tight budget for this trip.

I am excited for my little girl, McKenzie. She always talks about wanting to go to the beach and see the ocean.