To Market, To Market…

I can’t remember the last time I went to the market. McKenzie was so little then, Kenny carried her in a carrier.

We always buy our meat, fish and veggies at the grocery or in a nearby overpriced talipapa.
Due to the high price of veggies in the said talipapa, I’ve decided to go to the market with Manang Josie.
I had with me 1,500.00 from which I thought I could buy the food items and also some other stuff that we might need. Here’s a list of what we got:


  • Ulo ng tanigue for sinigang, 1 kilo
  • Yellow Fin Tuna, 1 kilo
  • Galunggong, 1 kilo
  • Pusit, 1 kilo
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Ampalaya
  • Eggplant
  • Potato
  • Sayote
  • Sigarilyas
  • Tomato
  • Cucumber
  • Lettuce
  • Cabbage
  • Calamansi
  • Sitaw
  • Pechay
  • Carrot
  • Imus longganisa, 1/2 kilo
  • Tinapa, 1/4 kilo
  • Tuyo, 1/4 kilo
  • Eggs, 6 pcs
  • Gata, 2 packs
  • Alamang, 1 pack
  • Pork Pigue, 1 kilo
  • Pork Chop, 3 pcs
  • Isaw Manok, 1/2 kilo
  • Dalanghita 1/2 kilo
  • Banana 1 kilo
  • Guitar Balloon for Mckenzie
  • Trike Fare: 80 pesos roundtrip