To Each, His Own.

✅ To each his own.

I am sharing my daily ECQ life not to put pressure on anyone or to make other moms feel like they're not doing their part in ensuring their kids don't get sulked in by the tech world.

I am sharing because this is my way of coping.
I am sharing because in a few years when my little one is older, I want to be able to reminisce this time of COVID 19.
I want to remember how we endured together.
How we made each day, each hour, and each moment count.
I am sharing because doing it would lighten up the situation.

My little one is unique.
And as her mom, I know her.

I know how to make her happy.
I know how to make her content.
I know because I was with her since she came out into the world.
I know her because I left my career to focus on her growth and development.

I know her because, in the middle of an 8 or 10-hour workday, chores and everything else,
I stop everything when she needs me
to check out her new drawing,
to witness a new skill,
to look at something that interests her on youtube, and
to listen to her feelings about her friends and classmates.

We reared her towards independence and every little decision made about her life involved her.

She takes ballet and violin lessons because she loves both soo much, even if it means losing Friday nights and lazy Sunday mornings. She juggles them even on summer break even if it means not being able to go on a long vacation.

We never impose anything on her.

So there, to each his own. This is our life and this is how we do it. How you do yours is yours to decide as well.

At 1030AM today, she was able to do the following already: washed the breakfast dishes, caught some sunlight with Iceberg before taking a bath, finished a math lesson, and 2 sets of exercises and also did a round of violin practice.

They say all work and no play might make Jack a dull boy, but if he’s working on getting good at something, all work can also make him really, really good. And there isn't much downside to the no play part. We don't improve by playing, we improve by working.

And that's how we raised her.

We showed her the importance of starting your day right by waking up early. My husband taught her to start her day right by making her bed.

We taught her to plan her life so each little moment count.
We always tell her to make the most out of each day because we will never have that day back again. Because when time passes, it is gone and it never coming back.

Will all these we taught her, she decides how she spends her day with guidance from us.

She knows I have a little checklist on my planner.
She knows she needs to ask me what lesson or worksheet she needs for Math in order to earn gadget hours.
She knows that it's sad to end the day knowing that you spent it all on youtube or on games.

With the four months ahead of no school, how you spent it with your kids is up to you.

You can homeschool them.
You can let them do their own stuff with your supervision.
You can encourage them to learn a new skill.

Whatever you choose to do, is all up to you.
Whatever makes your family happy.
Whatever makes the days count for you.

Because again, to each his own.

Thanks for Reading! 
Dulce