Day (Lost Count) of ECQ

After another focused discussion with the little one about transferring to another school, we finally decided it's time to move. 

The present COVID situation made me think twice but after hearing her insights about it, I think it is still in her best interest to transfer.

I lost count of the days in quarantine. This week, our area is imposing a clustering system - those with quarantine passes are only allowed to go out 3 days a week. And still following the ECQ rules.

It's been more of making each day and each hour count.

My husband works from 8am to 6pm with an hour lunch break. My work hours are flexible so I usually do my tasks after my lunch chores.

I make it a point to give McKenzie a lesson or a Math exercise every day except weekends - this is how she earns her gadget hours. Right now, we are using her Grade 4 textbook as a resource.

She also TRIES to practice her violin pieces every day. They have a virtual lesson on Sundays.

Art is something that she loves doing. We have a sister in the community who gives her tips and advice and even assigns art challenges for her to do.

In addition, I give her video tutorials and resources which she can use for a daily art lesson.

With the announcement of Aug 24 as the first day of the school year, I am thinking of making an IEP for her.

A lot of things I want to do.
A lot of things I want her to do.

As a mom, I don't want her to waste another 4 months just using her phone. The thought is making me anxious.

I talked it over with her and she is 100% okay with it.

I also try to inject fun by playing games with her. We have a Games Leader Board on our blackboard wall. (guess who has the most games under her name ðŸ˜œ). And recently, I installed a Sims mobile and we play it together. We have roomie sims!

How about you moms, how are you coping?



Thanks for Reading! 

Dulce