Friday, February 10, 2012

MoskiShield - Mosquito Repellent Patch

I've been using citronella bug spray by Human Heart Nature and it was an effective mosquito repellant for McKenzie.


I've always been curious about MoskiShield. I see the 6 patch packets in convenience stores and I've been contemplating to buy and try. A pack costs 55.00 PHP (9.17 PHP per patch).

Then I saw the box which contains 4 packs of 6 patches (24 patches total). It costs 150.00 PHP and when I did the math, that's only 6.25 PHP per patch.

I decided to give it a try and the MoskiShield patch did not disappoint! The box said it can be used for 24 hours so I was able to transfer it to McKenzie's pajamas when we changed to her sleep clothes.

MoskiShield does not contain citronella, it has Lemon Eucalyptus Oil.

Lemon Eucalyptus Oil is recommended by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) as an effective mosquito repellent.

If under the same concentration, Lemon Eucalyptus Oil has been shown to have around 6 times longer of average protection time than Citronella Oil.